Honoring the People Making a Rural Difference
NOSORH’s annual Community Star recognition program is one of the most popular features of National Rural Health Day. Each person, coalition, and organization nominated to be their state’s Community Star represents the faces and grassroots initiatives that are working to address the social determinants of health and improve the lives of those who call rural their home.
When you read the Community Star stories from years past, it is clear they are a picture of the positive aspects of life in rural America. As you turn each page, you will not only read about a group of dynamic and impressive individuals and organizations; you will gain a better understanding of the value of your State Office of Rural Health.
If you know of a person, group or coalition, or organization that meets any or all the following criteria, we invite you to honor them by nominating them to be a 2020 Community Star!
- Cultivates a vital, innovative rural health landscape and infrastructure
- Develops leadership capacity to grow rural population health and health equity
- Builds capacity for rural data-driven program planning and decision making
- Contributes to rural health innovation, education, collaboration, and communication
- Please refer to the 2020 Community Star FAQ for more details
Nominations for 2020 Community Stars are now closed.
Meet the 2019 Community Stars
We invite you to view the full book online, or you may purchase a copy to keep as a memento!
2020 Community Star Nominations Now Closed!
Thank you for all the great Community Star Nominations! Stay tuned to meet them on National Rural Health Day.
Thank you for following these guidelines when submitting a Community Star photo!
Please refer to the FAQs in the downloadable PDF to answer any questions you may have.