Project ECHO Model [HRSA]
In-person and via Webcast
Link for Webcast
Project ECHO Panel Discussion with Q&A
HRSA staff will present on the opportunities and benefits gained from implementing the ECHO model with respect to improving service delivery and access to care across a variety of programs. These panel participants will feature:
- Luis Padilla, MD, FAAFP, Associate Administrator for Workforce (BHW)
- William England, PhD, JD, Director, Office for the Advancement of Telehealth (FORHP)
- CDR Nadra Tyus, DrPH, MPH, Team Lead, Office of Quality Improvement (BPHC)
- CDR Madia Ricks, MPH, BSN, RN, Office of HIV/AIDS Training and Capacity Development (HAB)
- Marie Mann, MD, MPH, Division for Children with Special Healthcare Needs (HAB)
Project ECHO Demonstrations with Q&A
HRSA grantees will provide a demonstration of how Project ECHO is utilized to improve health care.
- Community Health Center, Inc.’s Weitzman Institute (FORHP’s Telehealth Network Grant Program grantee and a Federally Qualified Health Center)
- Ági Erickson, Director of Project ECHO
- Mandy Lamb, Program Manager
- Janet Oputa, Project Manager
- University of Nevada, Reno’s School of Medicine (BHW’s Area Health Education Center and FORHP’s Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Grant Program grantees).
- Evan Klass, MD, FACP, Executive Director of Project ECHO
What is National Rural Health Day?
In 2010, the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) created National Rural Health Day (NRHD) as a way to applaud the ongoing efforts, contributions, and collaborations occurring in rural communities to address unique challenges in accessing and delivering health care services. In the past six years, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) has planned, hosted, and participated in the annual event.
This year’s NRHD events will highlight the Power of Rural and center on the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSAs) Bureaus and Offices and HHS agencies collaborations to improve rural health.
As part of its promotional events for NRHD, HRSA’s Bureaus and Offices, spearheaded by FORHP, will moderate a series of Twitter chats, one topic a day at 3 p.m. EST on Monday (the 13th), Tuesday (the 14th), and Wednesday (the 15th). The topics will focus on workforce development, the social determinants of health, and behavioral health, respectively. Join the Twitter chat conversations by following @HRSAgov and the #OurRural.
 Participating HRSA Bureaus and Offices in this year’s NRHD activities include the Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW), the Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC), the HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), the Office of Regional Operations (ORO), and the Office of Women’s Health (OWH). Other participating HHS agencies include the Agency for Health Research and Quality (ARHQ), the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), the Indian Health Service (IHS), and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).