Honoring the People Making a Rural Difference
Nominate a 2022 Community Star
If you know of a person, coalition, or organization located, working or volunteering in a designated rural area that meets any or all the following criteria, we invite you to honor them by nominating them to be a 2022 Community Star!
Nominate a Community Star
Nominations Now Open
Community Star nominations will be accepted until 5:00pm Central Time on August 1, 2022.
Once the nomination period closes, no additional submissions will be considered.
Please read before submitting your nomination
Who is eligible to be nominated as a 2022 Community Star?
Nominee’s work and accomplishments should include at least one of the following:
- Demonstrate that they contribute to cultivating a vital, innovative rural health landscape and infrastructure
- Develop leadership capacity to grow rural population health and health equity
- Build capacity for rural data-driven program planning and decision making
- Contribute to rural health innovation, education, collaboration, and communication
- All nominees must be located, working or volunteering in a designated rural area (To determine, use “Am I Rural Tool” below)
Who can nominate a Community Star?
Any person with a close connection and familiar with the work of the nominee may submit nominations.
Nominators must reside, work or volunteer in the same state as the individual or organization they are nominating as a Community Star.
What types of nominations are not eligible?
Government officials, either elected or appointed to a position in the Executive, Legislative or Judicial branches of their State or the Federal Government, are not eligible for the Community Star recognition program.
Self-nominations will not be considered. What is a self-nomination?
- A marketing department or contracted agency nominating their organization, client or an individual working in the organization they represent
- A parent organization nominating one of the entities it owns/operates, including employees of the organization
- A member of a cooperative or team nominating their cooperative or team
- Previous Community Stars are not eligible for consideration.
Before You Begin
If you are nominating an organization, please complete the information for the point of contact at the organization.
Please verify all spelling and email addresses are correct. Incorrect information will prevent you from receiving important information.
Upon submission, you will receive a PDF copy of your nomination at the email address provided.
If you do not receive a confirmation of your nomination, please check your spam folder.
Additional questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the FAQs
We’ve put together some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Community Star recognition program. If you have a question that’s not addressed in the FAQs, feel free to send us an inquiry via the contact form link in the footer.